The LESST lab is placed in the Department of Matter Physics and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering of University of Messina, Italy. The research activity is focused on the following tasks:
- Development of systems for measurement and control based on custom electronics and microcontrollers.
- Development and electronic characterization of sensors for gas and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The developed sensing devices are based on several transduction mechanisms (Capacitive, Resistive, Amperometric, Optical, Quartz Crystal Microbalance and Surface Acoustic Wave).
- Development and characterization of biosensors.
- Circuit modeling of the characterized devices.
- Development and electronic characterization of devices for flexible electronics.
- Several portable sensor-based measurement prototypes were developed for applications on biomedical, industrial, automotive, research and security fields.